Author Topic: Alpha testing  (Read 179 times)

Zarella

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • Blonde Cougar
    • View Profile
Alpha testing
« on: April 13, 2018, 11:08:50 AM »
I downloaded the new alpha test last night.  The first cinematic is very much like the one for the last expac - alliance dude is on a big ship that is headed into battle.   He now has a huge scar on his face.  Slyvannas is right there beside him fighting what looks like the Legion.  They have actually painted Sylvannas into a hottie.  Never thought THAT would happen.

Once you stumble out of the cinematic you get to create your alpha test toon.  I'm a female shadowpriest called Zzarella.  Shocker!  There are supposedly 6 new races, but they only reveal 4 of them to start.  Totally ugly toons for the horde - something I forgot and a Mountain Tauren.  The alliance get a hottle elf and something else.  I think they must need to be unlocked because I couldn't create one of the new toons.  I'm given a completely base model priest 110 level, gear score 150 and a whole lot of TERRIBLE gear.

After you create your toon you are tossed into this big house.  There is a centrally located map that gives you 3 choices for starting zones.  I picked the sand zone.  Because reasons... The first few quests are ez mode.  Even I didn't get lost.  Then there is one that is a little harder.  You have to revive these pole cats.  3 of the 10 pole cats are hidden in caves.  Don't get frustrated while trying to find them...lol.  Maybe I did.

All the gear they are offering me for quest rewards has versatility on it.  I'm wondering if they changed the stats for shadowpriests or if the game just sucks like that.

I know everyone hates the boards but this is an easy place for me to drop my thoughts about the new expac.  Till next time!

Z

Deb

• Raid Leaders
  • Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha testing
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 12:29:52 PM »

I know everyone hates the boards but this is an easy place for me to drop my thoughts about the new expac.  Till next time!

Yeah Z, before you assume I am here to read this I regret to inform you that I am going to need these short stories available download either from Amazon for my kindle, or as an Audio book voiced by Lucie Pohl.

Otherwise.

Sorry.

ello

• Undead
  • Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 06:17:40 AM »
Just looked at my account email.  Apparently I was invited to alpha on 3 7. 

Zarella

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • Blonde Cougar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 06:27:38 PM »
GET TO WORK!  I'm on Sylvannis server

Zarella

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • Blonde Cougar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 08:05:46 AM »
On to BETA testing!

I didn't realize I'd lose my toon progress when they reset it.  Boo.  At least I snagged my name back.

The first day of the beta, they had us running constant scenarios.  One of them is pretty intense.  Sylvannis orders the troops to use gas against the Alliance.  This pisses off the Orc general who later refuses to go back to fight with her.  Using the gas is pretty fun - highly recommend it.  Had a queasy feeling thinking about all the kids enjoying this too.

Got a little more backstory with Beta.  You have to do a scenario to get to the new island (Troll headquarters).  So far, its pretty easy.  I'm going to pick a new start zone this time.  The sand zone got pretty challenging after I got a level.  As in, having to repair my gear constantly because death was everywhere.  Maybe pair up for that zone?

Deb

• Raid Leaders
  • Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 09:20:03 AM »
Sylvannis

Who is this person you keep mentioning?

Also, yeah We get to burn the Night Elf zone soon too. Pretty awesome.