Author Topic: Hello. Congratulations on 10 years and whatnot  (Read 1281 times)

Brodie

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • I love me some me!
    • View Profile
Hello. Congratulations on 10 years and whatnot
« on: March 25, 2015, 07:53:06 AM »
I just got told that this thing turned double digits a few days ago.  Or maybe it was yesterday.  I'm not sure.  That's pretty cool.  It's lasted longer than anything else I've ever created so that's neat.

I remember coming up with the name because we were undead characters and we looked good.  Then one of our first invites was a troll rogue.  So much for exclusivity.  ;D

I remember running around Orgrimmar and whatever low level questing zone we were in with Z and Fill just guild inviting anybody who commented positively on the guild's name and wasn't already affiliated.  I remember running around one zone which has a name I forget, doing random world pvp and actively searching out targets who were way lower than me to kill just because I felt like being a dick that day like a real rogue should.  I remember disliking being forced to go combat daggers because it was best for raiding.  I remember raiding and doing well, though, but my biggest accomplishment was that someone started a guild named Brodiesucksdotcom because they hated me that bad. 

I'd wager that none of you have had a gaming guild started because they had 10 people who disliked you enough to say you suck in their title.  They still had my name up above their heads, though, which now that I think about it, was pretty funny.  I haven't thought about that in years.

I haven't played in, what 7 years?  8?  I got told that I'm apparently the only person to quit playing who stayed quit forever.  So even though I was invited back (apparently I'm still an officer), I'm not going to.  If you remember me, hello.  If you don't, that's not surprising.  Either way, congratulations on doing this for ten years and whatever shape UnF takes in the future, best of luck to you all.

Jarrod, a.k.a. Brodie

(which is funny, because when I suggested the name to my sister 8ish years ago for her son as a joke, I had no idea she would actually think it was a good idea.  So, I have a nephew named Brodie.  I'm going to have a reminder of my time in WoW and UnF for the rest of my life.)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 08:10:49 AM by Brodie »

Fill

• Officers
  • Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Hello. Congratulations on 10 years and whatnot
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 11:56:58 AM »
Epic post!

Great to hear from you man.

Razziel

• Undead
  • Hero
  • "I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 09:12:54 AM »
It's a Brodie sighting. 

/approves of this post.

Glad to hear from you good sir :)

Zarella

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • Blonde Cougar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 01:41:52 PM »
Totally epic post!!!

You should come play - tour the neighborhood!!!

Gravity

• Undead
  • Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 01:50:06 PM »
Fuck you Portishead!

Is that right?

Glad to hear you're doing good Brodie.  Actually talked to Cameela the other night.
The hand that holds you down.

Adenosine

• Undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 05:18:51 AM »
I still always see you as a monk first :P

Bozbellum

• Class Leaders
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 11:54:34 AM »
Got a email today from UnF about 6.2 and thought I would say Hello!! I'm still alive and well.   Just watching my kids grow up these days.  Quit playing WoW back in December of 2014.  Had to give it up.  Now I play Destiny on the PS4  ::)  when I get time that is...  Glad to see the core group still around..  Gives me the feeling of wanting to be apart of the guild again.  Well currently at work so I can't write a short story about my life since UnF.  But I do miss you guys and congratulations on 10 years... Really awesome achievement!!!

Zarella

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • Blonde Cougar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 12:04:52 PM »
/wave Boz

There are quite a few of us old timers playing part-time these days :)

Jrail

• Undead
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • twitch.tv
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 05:38:41 PM »
Nice to see you Bobnob (which is cooler than Brodie fyi)
"The final proof of greatness lies in being able to endure criticism without resentment."

"It is impossible until it's done" - N. Mandela

"Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better."

http://www.twitch.tv/jrailjin