Author Topic: WoD DPS Stats Guide  (Read 3548 times)

Awaken

• Undead
  • Hero
    • View Profile
WoD DPS Stats Guide
« on: November 03, 2014, 12:51:49 PM »
I will be updating this soon, a lot of the "pre-stats" before the xpac drop, has been changed.  So I am looking for reliable information to replace the information that was listed here.

One thing I have found on my own, is that if you use your clones on seperate adds, use spining krane kick x3, and the 4 point chi explosion, you do some massive crazy dmg.  I am ilvl 608 now, and have gotten above 22k on dps meters.  In order to keep that dps up, you need to keep spinning krane up when the cd is up, that is what is generating your combo points for you.

ELITEST JERKS INFO:

http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic/132454-warlords-of-draenor-monk-discussion/

Just a little list:

Bonus Armor => reduce phys. dmg taken / more AP(absorb, dmg, heal) from Bladed Armor.

Multistrike => more dmg / more GotOX / more heal

Haste => more white dmg / more GotOX / more EB / more energy(generators/spenders => dmg/mitigation/heal)

Crit => more dmg / more heal/ more EB

Mastery => spike control  / mitigation(with PB)

Amplify => more everything(Amplify was removed.)

Readyness =>  more CD's

Stamina => survivability / higher Resolve

I don't think we can predict exactly what we want to strive for before Blizzard finished tuning. We don't know how well the stats and resolve(with stamina) scale.

Mastery rises in value if specced into Soul Dance, but also dependant on fight. Surely in a fight were you take more physical damage you would want more crit for EB's. Depending on tuning we may even want to get Bonus Armor(over crit) where we can. Amplify gets better with better gear.

I think it is still too early to tell. I would want to get enough energy reg first to feel comfortable.

//edit//

WoD's encounter philosophy is: Healer's decision making is more important than reaction speed. So we get less raid damage overall, right? The raid sits more time between 0% and 100% life instead of having the need to top the raid to 100% life all the time.

My question is, whether this concerns the raid - inclusive or exclusive the tank. Since healers heal less, the tanks should also get less damage, right? So doesn't that also mean, that we get less chances to purify a red stagger DoT. First I thought that makes our mastery weaker, but compairing the dmg we purify with the heal of a healer it is about at the same level - then came to my mind: does that not also mean that our mastery becomes really strong, in that we could get even more damage than now without the danger of dying immediately, sink all the damage taken into stagger and then purify it. So that haste+mastery may become more effective than crit and EB. Speculations over speculations.

TL;DR Brewmaster mastery in WoD. Weaker or stronger compaired to now? Discuss! (Without knowing any of the encounters LOL)

Part Deux:

Surging Mist being the replacement for Healing Spheres is a little bit more concerning. BM have EH as emergency heal. But I loved playing with the Spheres in certain encounters. Having to hardcast a 1.5 sec heal is not really a good thing as a tank. But we will see how it will turn out in practice. Maybe starting the cast before the big nuke hits. At least the scaling should be better.

Yep, I agree. In the Immerseus fight I liked placing 3 beside me and just use them +EH after the Corrosive Blast instead of using Guard. I also used them alot to heal raid members while offtanking or for myself inbetween Iron Juggernaut mines (pre casting them airborne). While healing the raid members is still possible with Surging Mist, the other things I mentioned aren't.

I am afraid I'll lose interest in playing the BrewMaster without beeing able to do such things.

It seems they got the initial scaling issues of Chi Explosion under control. But I am still very interested in the actual numbers. For BM it still will be of low interest as it replaces BOK as Shuffle builder while not allowing chi pooling for PB or Guard. Especially with the 2 charges managing resources to optimally use Guard will be very important at the start of the xpac. Chi Explosion can be quite powerful, but it will not be easy to use properly.

They are going way too crazy with this Button Bloat thing. I'll announce now that I'll NEVER use Chi Explosion if it completely replaces BoK(atleast not as WW/BrM - maybe as MW). Unless I could choose this talent and still be able to use either BoK or ChiEx. It completely destroys the point of chi management.. I just can't believe someone suggested ChiEx to replace BoK via twitter and Blizzard really thought "Hey that would be a great idea - Brewmaster don't need to pool chi for guards anyway..." It is just dumb. Chi Serenity, the 100 talent on the right side, is a spell on its own. If people want to use Chi Serenity they still need to have a free button for it anyways. And as people can't have Chi Serenity and Chi Explosion at the same time - why not give ChiEx its own button(could share buttons with Chi Serenity like the mage bombs use to), without replacing BoK?

In the case of an WindWalker you could atleast argue: 'Well, the damage from ChiEx outshines Fists of Fury AND is instant.' (ignoring the fact that you may want to Tiger Palm after the ChiEx to refresh TigerPower, but have no Chi).

Okay, it depends on the encounter design in WoD, but in my opinion one of the worst things is the uncontrolled cleave.

The legendary procs wiped us more than once at Garrosh, because we wanted to kite the last add wave but random cleave aoe snowballed hard there. But as I said, it depends on the encounter. If Blizzard takes note of that and makes it so, that cleave is NEVER bad, then it could turn out ok.

I already see wipes caused by Chi Explosion because some derp monk did AoE damage to the wrong target.(because they happen to be uncapable of doing singletarget damage, if they have to too much chi)

I really do hope Blizzard stumbles over this and overthinks, whether it would be a good ida for ChiEx to replace BoK or not.

Sorry for the little rant, but I really do hate if the game TAKES AWAY control over my charakter. (backwards teleport after frostnova for mages would be such an example also)

edit//  I accidentally some words. I make way too many grammar mistakes :S

Also I forgot to add above: Using up 4 Chi with Chi Explosion only gives 10 seconds of shuffle compared to 2*BoK's 12 seconds. If damage is irrelevant and only the defensive value of shuffle counts, then 2 BoK's are better.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 01:15:28 PM by Awaken »

Awaken

• Undead
  • Hero
    • View Profile
Re: WoD DPS Stats Guide
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 12:05:34 PM »
Any of you DPS monks have a good dps macro or rotation?  I keep finding myself in low dps in the single target fights.  In the aoe fights, I find myself at the near the top of the dps, any help would be great.  I want to find where I am failing at this.

Khapp

• Officers
  • Hero
    • View Profile

Awaken

• Undead
  • Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 02:00:04 PM »
The only thing that I can find on my rotations, is that I use Chi Explosion in a higher priority than the other skills, that I think I should be.  I will try to see if this makes the difference of DPS.

Chi Explosion causes several alterations to how your abilities should be used. We have covered most of these throughout the guide, but there is one more important one. If you are using Chi Explosion, this ability will replace Blackout Kick in your single target rotation, and it will become the last in order of priority, to be used only with 3 or more Chi.

Regarding Rising Sun Kick, it is important to note that if you are using Chi Explosion, then it is better to spend Chi on that instead of on Rising Sun Kick. In that case, Rising Sun Kick will only be used as needed to maintain the debuff it applies.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 02:33:36 PM by Awaken »

Jrail

• Undead
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • twitch.tv
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 04:27:16 PM »
Blizzard has made this game so you cannot macro abilities. There is too much pick and choose based on procs etc. If you use macros to have abilities in a cast sequence you will do less dps than people who don't. I  have some stuff on the same button with a modifier, if that was what you meant I can give you the ones I have for monk that save some space.

As for the comment about clones and rjw/spinning crane kick, you still want to count the targets and decide what abilities to use. if you have <4 targets continue with your single target rotation but have clones out. If you have >4 targets then you just dump into spinning crane kick. If you have rjw then its normal rotation and rjw.

The strongest dps is going to be rjw and clones on >4 targets. I would like to see the results of a rjw setup on tectus when there are 5 things hanging out.
"The final proof of greatness lies in being able to endure criticism without resentment."

"It is impossible until it's done" - N. Mandela

"Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better."

http://www.twitch.tv/jrailjin

Awaken

• Undead
  • Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 08:17:03 AM »
The only things I have macroed would be jab with the bouncing chi heal, and tiger palm with my trinkets / energy brew, otherwise, there is nothing else really going on that I can think of of whats going on.  However, I have seen my dps on full trinket proc (which does about 2k in mastery added on top), hit once, over 1.3 mil crit; but I have not seen it on meters at all for that raid.

Would double mastery trinkets boost reduce the chance of higher crits at all?

Rotation would be along the lines of:

tiger palm / trinkets, jabs, sun kick, jabs to 4 chi or 6, chi explosion, jabs, pummel , then afterwards, chi explosions at 3/4 count and pummel on CD when energy is there. 

I keep on running into a problem chi explosion, that when I have the chi at 4/5/6 counts, it doesn't always use the amount I want it to, like, I have had it take only 2 at a time, for 3 shots in a row and not doing the 4/2  counts.  I may change my spec so I dont have as much combo points if this keeps on persisting.

I think I may have an issue of the actual buff falling off or using the rebuff too early, is there any specific mods that helps with that?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 09:33:58 AM by Awaken »

Awaken

• Undead
  • Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 12:11:30 PM »
Ok, I have changed my spec to mostly what zombiedawgs spec is to compare dps and he is still schooling me on the meters.  I took a look at last nights meters, and it seems, i am casting more, but doing less dps; however, I am using the clones, any chance I get, and I am not using the execute on minions when they are about to die as much.  I had 3 cast of the execute, and zombiedawg had 22, in which makes up 700k vs 5.12 mil in dps.  So thats one spot I know i need to improve, prolly need to change my glyph as well, so the CD is lower.  I think I may be loosing dps, because I am wasting time to cast the clones on the adds, and then getting back to dps'n the boss - since the Tab Target is really not working well since the xpac drop.  I will test out to see if there is a major dps change if I dont use the clones for the minor adds that die quickly.  The % use of skills, for the primary dps, are almost the same, near 20%.  Even though the % of skill use for primary damage skills are almost the same, zombiedawg has almost 2/3 more dmg done than I have, which is the part I am really confused about.  I am checking the logs, and found some minor issues, but there is still a large gap, especially when I have a weapon at a higher ilvl.  If anyone else can help point out if I am missing a skill rotation, please feel free to advise.  I am still digging though to find any other ways to increase dmg to single target bosses.

Lylthe

• Undead
  • Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 02:00:09 PM »
I took a look at the logs. Uptime on your Tiger Power buff was low, this should be as close to 100% as possible.

Likewise uptime on your Rising Sun Kick debuff was low. This should again be as close to 100% as possible.

I'd recommend finding an addon to track both of these. I would use Weakauras 2 myself, though other monks may have suggestions.

Jrail

• Undead
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • twitch.tv
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 02:48:04 PM »
Im sure nothing changes the fact that those should be up as close to 100% as possible Lyl. The rising sun kick is actually a single target that applies an aoe damage increase debuff. it should always be used on cool down I couldnt imagine something taking precedence over that.

I need to look at the changes actually though so Im just working off old dps info back when you had to snap shot.
"The final proof of greatness lies in being able to endure criticism without resentment."

"It is impossible until it's done" - N. Mandela

"Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better."

http://www.twitch.tv/jrailjin

Awaken

• Undead
  • Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 02:55:30 PM »
Thanks for that info Lylthe, I'll watch the those two debuffs a lot more closely tonight.

Awaken

• Undead
  • Hero
    • View Profile

Nocolis

• Sacrifices
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 03:24:12 PM »
I like monk timers for my monk.
Been using totem timers for my shaman for years
Bitch Please!

Awaken

• Undead
  • Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 02:35:10 PM »
http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/341-Monk

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1677655-*Official*-quot-Fix-My-Monk-quot-Thread

two links I didn't want to lose at work.